Monday, May 05, 2008

Harrowing experience at Harrods...

Had gone to Harrods with a girl about 1.5 months ago.
It is only now that I have gotten over the trauma of the visit and can speak about the few hours I spent there.
As soon as we entered Harrod's I felt a chill down my spine. It were the souls of doomed MEN warning me to leave while I could.
We entered the store and suddenly I was surrounded by people! My friend (being a girl) was in her natural element. Her nose immediately picked up the scent of her prey and the hunt was on. I was just following her like a small school boy.
This was until we reached the women's leather goods section. That is when all of a sudden I started having a stomach ache as well as shortness of breath. No before you wonder if it was something I ate, let me assure you it wasn't.
It was the prices of things we found there. A wallet for about 200 pounds, a handbag (with the leather so highly polished that you could almost see your face in it) for 2000 pounds.
I was feeling the pain of all those men who have had to foot the bill of something purchased from this section by their 'girls'. My eyes were filling with tears.
My friend dragged me out of that section and slowly I regained the sense of mental stability.
After that she thought it would be safer if we spent the remaining time looking at cheaper things and that she would come later with female friends who are oblivious to the effects of high prices!
So we went to the stationary section and bought 2 pens (£4.50 each).
That was a narrow escape for me! Guys let me warn you if you are out with girls.. steer clear of Harrods. Let them go in (girls become lionesses in Harrods!) and you take a walk if you want. Worse case if you have to go in then head straight to the basement or go and sit quietly in the cafeteria.
:)

5 comments:

Vibgyor said...

I have some other facts here:

amachwe: i will also admit
amachwe: i enjoyed harrods

and in the post u have mentioned u felt uneasy there :D

Azahar Machwe said...

Oh Miss Vibgyor... I can enjoy an eternity in hell if you are there with me... what is Harrods in front of that?

So you see that is why, while I was suffering and in terrible pain... your company gave me great strength to survive!
The pain became enjoyable in your company... so the credit again goes to you. :)

Azahar Machwe said...

By the way... I was also interested in watching you salivate over those bags and purses like a lioness over a fresh kill :D

The thrill of observing a wild animal in its element was too much for me. It over came any pain and bought a lot of enjoyment!

:D I should inform Discovery Channel about this don't you think?

Vibgyor said...

Guess what, I was enjoying similar wild elements of urs in the adult game section, where i followed u as mommy so that u dont cry for those funny games...i shud have videod everything myself..discovery is not needed to catch cute expressions of children.

but all in all Harrods was damn gud fun :)

Azahar Machwe said...

Hehehe for the general public - adult games were nothing but real expensive chess sets! :D So please don't take it in any other sense.

:D Miss Vibgyor I was just following your instructions. Since I was so weak after spending time in the women's leather goods section you advised me to spend the remaining time in a section where things were not so expensive, to regain my strength!

And of course me being in a weak state you had to follow me to ensure nothing happens to me... kind of like mommy follows a kid recovering from illness :D