Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Perfect Two Week Wedding!

My perfect wedding should have lots of mystery.
It should have a duality about it. One side for the public, one side for the families and close friends.
So have three functions:

1) Cocktails / Dancing - for my alcohol loving friends! And family members and general public! The best booze, the best music and the best food!

2) Marriage - for everyone. Night muhurat (I wish!) because I feel night weddings are amazing and mysterious. As the new day breaks you also enter into a new life!

3) Reception - the rocking grand finale. In a VERY VERY posh place. Formal and informal both. So that my friends get a chance to dress up in their best clothes!


The key is not to have these functions in one go. But to space them out! So one weekend have the cocktails then next weekend have the marriage and the weekend after that have the reception.
That will give everyone time to recover and will allow having small gatherings in between. Therefore by the end of the 2 week wedding my friends and family will know my wife-to-be through and through and hopefully I will know the people on my wife's side as well!

It might pose certain problems because out of station visitors may not be able to get away for so long. But well, 2 functions can be combined I guess.. or spaced across a weekend.

Of course in all this one has to take the girl's opinion into mind as well!

Talking about weddings.. here is what a friend suggested:

PK: c u can try something like getting married on moon
or may be in a space ship
me: :D
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
u mean to say
PK: :) hahahhaha
me: next 40-50 year i am not gonna get married?
:D coz i am sure all this wont be possible any time soon... even if it becomes possible in the next 10 years it will be expensive n i will have to wait to EARN that much money! ;)

1 comment:

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

I hope you are not going to follow your friend PK's advice. It would be difficult to arrange your kind of perfect two week wedding on the moon. :)