Friday, June 22, 2007

Chocolate milkshake...

Today something really amazing happened...

I was at my neighbourhood chip shop waiting for my food when I saw this sign advertising fresh milkshakes. I decided, on an impulse, to go and get a chocolate milkshake.

As I was waiting at the counter for the shake I saw a small baby girl (could make out from the colour of her clothes) lying in a pram. After a quick glance I went back to waiting for the shake. As I started looking around I noticed that she was looking at me. No wait. Not just looking but staring at me. As I started back with a stupid smile on my face (I am never really sure what to do when facing a baby) she slowly started to smile. It was like watching a flower bloom.

She game me the most amazing smile I have ever seen. Her eyes seemed so gentle. It was as if she was saying 'I know you!'

And whenever I would look back and smile she would again give me that same slow smile.

I guess anyone who has experienced something like this before (or experience it regularly) will know what I am talking about. It was the first experience of this kind that I have had.

No comments: