Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Birth of Happiness and Death of Pain....

Yesterday was a very pleasant day for me. One of my best friends had a baby girl. This is the second time I have been to the Maternity Ward of the local hospital (Southmead, Bristol). First time for a boy, second time for a girl.

As I was standing there thinking about life and how it must feel wonderful to be a father a beautiful thought came to my head (thanks for the beautiful thought Sahara Samay! ;)) I thought that as the new baby girl has come into this world, she has bought happiness to the people around her. She bought a smile to my heart. It was like a bright light illuminating a bombed out house.

My head was full of thoughts after that. I did seem a little lost.

Having studied pain of all kinds over the years, I just feel sometimes that there are few things in the world which can get rid of it. However deep it is, however difficult to bear it may be.

My friend's words ring in my ears as I write this... he said this soon after his son was born: 'even though I have sleepless nights because of the feeding times and then I have to go and work, one look at my sons face after a long and tiring day is enough to bring a smile to my face'.

A child who is without wicked thoughts and with a clean heart is surely more than enough to remove any pain from the system.

I really don't know why I wrote this post. I cannot conclude it. I don't know where it is heading.
This post is supposed to say something.. but I cannot figure out what.

About Sahara Samay (for the curious reader) it is a news channel. This particular news channel makes sure I smile n laugh every time I watch it! So concerned it is, that I smile. :)

2 comments:

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

The curious reader wants to know what was the beautiful thought that you saw on Sahara Samay. ;)

Azahar Machwe said...

The curious reader has confused me.. how can you see a beautiful thought?

:D

And where do I say that I have seen beautiful thoughts?