Saturday, February 17, 2007

About Death...

I had gone to a temple recently... there I read the following:

Whether you stand still or move, your days diminish.
Then grieve only for yourself, why grieve for anything else.


These above lines had the magical effect of relaxing me. They are translated from some religious text, but the meaning is absolutely clear.

In the recent past I have tried to become emotionless. To remove all emotions from my heart and mind. To attain perfect objectivity.

Why do we indulge in emotions and have thoughts/worries associated with those emotions?
Nothing is going to last forever and the sands of time will cover all.

3 comments:

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

Being practical in life is a good thing. But it would be really boring if one was always like that without a trace of emotion.

True that nothing lasts forever but as Longfellow had once said why not "on departing leave behind us footprints on the sands of time"... our marks on people's hearts. :)

Azahar Machwe said...

how long will your footprints remain?
I guess only in a lifeless place like the moon will your footprints remain for centuries.

And again... once your gone.. your mark will hurt them.. remind them of you. :)

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

There are so many people in the history of mankind who've left the kind of footprints that can never fade away. I may not be able to do that but I will strive for it nevertheless.

If in the process I do manage to leave a mark on a few the hurt will only cause them to take me along in their lives as sweet memories. Hope you've heard of this phrase "khushi ke aansoo". :)