Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Personal Date Horror Story

Everyone has a personal 'Date Horror Story'
Here is mine (this will show you I have no ego at all!):

I was planning a trip to London with my family in the summer of 1999.
About two months before the trip I met these two girls (Rebecca and Penny) on chat.
They lived near London. I got chatting with them and they seemed quite nice. We quickly developed a good friendship.
So once I knew that I would be travelling to London I asked them if we could meet up.

They said yes (to my great surprise!).

Once I reached UK I called Penny up. She said she will come but her cousin sister would be with her (since Rebecca had exams she wouldnt be able to make it).
Now this being my first 'international date' (I was just 18) I got bit nervous. I thought if she is bringing someone along maybe so should I (in interest of security and company maybe?) and I blurted out.. 'can I bring my Mother with me then'.

It took a few second for me to realise what I had said.

The good part is we went out (without my mom) and had a great time!

No comments: