Thursday, April 13, 2006

Emotions.. the lack off.

I was watching a Hindi movie yesterday. It had some scenes of family life. An almost complete family with a grand mother, father, daughter and son. A happy family.

It made me realise that living away from home and having no contact with any kind of family out here has made me loose those emotions. I just feel cold emotionally. Three years of living away from home with a month long trip back once a year. It hasn't left much scope for exercising these basic emotions.

I guess everyone must feel a degree of emotional vaccume when they live away from home for a length of time. Does it make us very cold emotionally? Do we loose the ability to love someone from the depths of our heart? Can we ever feel comfortable in a family setting? Or have we lost the ability to have any kind of 'family' based emotions?

One thing I do know, when you leave home you need to kill a part of you. Some people manage to kill it off completely but with me I have just damaged that part... it continues to bleed... and it will never heal.

1 comment:

The thinking thinker said...

Pretty deep mate!!!

Yes, I do beleive that you lose the ability to connect to people the same way. Well I still can't relate to my family the same way yet.

You get used to being independent and alone ;-). Adapting to family enviornment after many years away, is a difficult task.

Hahah you need to be tamed again.