Thursday, January 17, 2008

Perfect Objectivity

HANZO: I'm done doing what I swore an oath to God 28 years ago to never do again. I've created, "something that kills people." And in that purpose I was a success. I've done this, because philosophically I'm sympathetic to your aim.
I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.

Dialog from: Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Movie)

I really love the last line of the dialog. It shows the sense of purpose and willpower that allows nothing to stand in your way.

Perfect objectivity which allows you to have a sense of purpose as sharp as a sword and the clear head to allow nothing to stand in your way is very difficult to achieve. We do get distracted in life, maybe for a good reason, thus becoming subjective.

Thinking about it, seems perfect objectivity would be so peaceful whereby you don't think deep but don't get emotionally involved. The heart is just a spectator!

I wonder how one can develop that mental and emotional sword which will cut through everything as we progress on this journey of life!

1 comment:

Adita said...

Wow!!Loved the line in Italics. :)(Havent seen the movie)