Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Quote

I tired so hard to become what I ought to be, that I forgot what I am.
- Unknown


A Quote which I discovered written on a picture in my house.

Ever since we are born most of us try hard to become what other people expect of us. In the beginning we are influenced by our parents and family, then our friends and finally our spouse/love interests. Everyone around us has an image of what we should be like and often these images blur out the image that we have of ourselves. We end up loosing our own thoughts on what we ought to be.

Those who don't, the so called 'different thinkers' are sadly very few in number. Very few people actually get to do what they want to do in life. Life is quite practical and one has to live by its rules if one expects to 'settle down'.

So it is the old fight between exploration (stick out) vs exploitation (blend in) in the evolutionary sense.



This is dedicated to a friend who told me not to think; just write! :)

No comments: