Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wales and the effect of beauty...

Nothing beats depression like a trip to Wales. Every time I drive across the Bristol Channel into Wales it is an uplifting experience. Different shades of green and rolling hills. Enough to refresh even a dead soul like mine.
Here are some pictures from my 'day in Wales'. These images were taken in and around the University of Wales: Newport

The main building at the campus. The flag of Wales flying high!


Rolling green fields with clouds and distant hills.


Another view from the campus reception.


Ways to open a door across the decades.


Another shot of the rolling green grass and the lovely contryside.

I have visited Wales under much better circumstances before. On this day I was stressed out. But in the afternoon I got a call. It was a short call (hardly 2-3 minutes long) but it set me free. In the beautiful countryside of Wales I found my release.

I live again.

I breath again.

I smile again.

Thank you god.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There seems to be pain on this day too? So it seems you have found a way to throw this pain out of the window now? And the phone call did the trick?

Azahar Machwe said...

Welcome back, was wondering where you had gone. Seems you are attracted to pain.

Well the fact is, haven't found a way to get rid of the pain. Just that there are moments where you just can't feel any pain. Where your heart is too busy taking in the wonders of nature.

That was such a moment. The phone call as I said, set me free. But till you yourself don't want to remove the pain, no external support can help you do it.

Nature made me look ahead. The phone call made sure I never look back.

Anonymous said...

So what was holding you back until you were set free by the phone call? something you imagined?

Azahar Machwe said...

no nothing that i imagined.. it was all very real. what was holding me back were emotions.. and some old bonds...