Saturday, October 28, 2006

Weep, for tonight winter begins....

 It is the last day of summer.

The clocks will change over from British Summer Time (BST) to GMT tonight. UK will become one hour further away from India as the time difference between the two countries increases to five and a half hours.

The clocks will switch over from 28th October 2006 11:59PM to 28th October 2006 11:00PM.

I will gain an extra hour in my life.

I am still not sure why they have the concept of Summer Time (Daylight Saving Time in the US). Just because the sun rises at 4am and sets at 11pm does it mean one keeps changing the clocks?

I wonder how much money they would end up saving if BST was removed.

What is one hour in the new world where the business process has become a continuous link that stretches all around the globe.

In my humble opinion BST should be removed even though it does bring me one hour closer to home.

:)

No comments: