Monday, August 14, 2006

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehena (Never Say Goodbye)

After my mind, emotions and spirit had been hammered into blackness by the LATEST KARAN JOHAR masterpiece (A.K.A. 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehena' or 'Never Say Goodbye') I was just aware of the following three things.
1) Deep and almost primal hatred for almost everything around me.
2) Lust for a sexy girl!
3) A yawning emptiness inside me like emotional blackness or vaccume.


For me watching this movie was like having an overhaul of my brain and emotions. While the overhaul was going on I was just aware of the above three things.
Kind of like when a room full of people goes quite one person at a time. You can slowly start making out what everyone is saying!
The same way this Karan Johar movie made most of my thoughts and emotions shut down (one-by-one). So I became aware of certain things. ;)
They should show this movie before they start to interrogate spies. It will surely break down any mental barriers ;)

The message (it may save your life!) that the movie wants to put out is:
Don't start thinking about how you are going to dump the gum which you are chewing in the middle of the road.... (that is what the main guy was doing when he gets run over by a car!) So make sure you are in a safe place before ruminating on the final destination of you gum.

The background girls (backup dancers/extras/etc.) are AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL in this movie.
I wonder if they picked out professional models / small time actresses or just issued an ad for extras. The girl I like the best is one with Amitabh (LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!) when Rani thinks that Preity is in the bedroom...

Oh yes and call me insane but I thought the 'bondage mistress' look (leather corset/whip) really suited Rani Mukherjee... something tells me that this is not the first time she has worn such clothes ;)

All in all this movie is a combination of the following five things (in my humble opinion):
1) story line which makes no-sense whatsoever
2) impossible (and strange) characters
3) no connection with 'real life' either for the characters or the story!
4) sexy extras.
5) hollywood style jokes (weird ones at that).

No comments: