Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hearing God

All those long nights without sleep. They have taught me something.
The deep silence of the night. It is almost like the silence of deep space far above our head.
As I sit in my room finishing up some work the heavy sound of silence is suddenly broken by shrill chirp from somewhere outside. It is almost magical. Like hearing God.
The shrill chirp is ofcourse the sounds of birds waking up for the new day. It makes you realise that another night has passed. The silence is broken and it wont be back until the next night.

This is something which I have enjoyed a lot ever since I came to UK. Here in the summers the sun is up and about by 4:30 AM. So the birds have a really long day here!

Finally like I was discussing with my friend once the sun is up and about and beaming down in all its glory (say around 9 AM) that is the BEST time to go off to sleep.
:D

No comments: