Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Getting Personal

Personals.. whether they be at Yahoo or Match.com are a popular choice for people looking for that special someone in their life. For people who can't take the loneliness anymore or for people who just want some adventure in their life!

Many of my friends have personal ads. They have tried things like 'speed dating' but somehow it all feels fake to me. I may not have a girl who loves me. I dunno. I know many nice girls. Couple who I like a lot. But till today not one has told me that they love me. So I guess that puts me firmly in the singles (and desperate/lonely/sad) column.

But I don't think I would feel comfortable putting up a personal ad to get a gal. It feels like selling myself and I can't do that. I want love to come to me naturally and not fish for it with bait. Anyways I wouldn't know what girls want in any case.

These days I am totally alone. No housemates nothing. The two girls I love are busy with life and generally don't have time for me. But it doesn't bother me. I have learned to be happy always! Comes with a childhood spent alone.

When you have a limited set of friends you tend to become a fortress in your self.
You are not afraid of loneliness because you have come to know it intimately.


I do have fears about dying alone without the girl of my dreams by my side. But those fears I can handle.

In the end it is about who gives in first? Do you give in and put that personal ad or does Lady Luck finally deal you the hand you want in this poker game that is life?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

" I want love to come to me naturally and not fish for it with bait" maybe you are seeing it from a different perspective, from where I see it, its just getting to know a person and not fishing for someone.....its just to get some lead and then hold on to it if it matters. You should look at it from that angle too. And my dear friend nothing comes to you nowadays, you have to go out and get it. Now how you get it is entirely up to you. But people have made several routes to get to it....try a different route!

Azahar Machwe said...

"Now how you get it is entirely up to you. But people have made several routes to get to it....try a different route!"
- I agree!
And my different route is to wait for love to come... as they say good things are worth waiting for.

Anonymous said...

"I do have fears about dying alone without the girl of my dreams by my side." if you have such a thought then you should go for it rather than waiting....go for the woman you love...atleast sometime down the line you would realize that atleast you gave it a shot...