Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Flower Power

This is the ultimate symbol of opulence in north India.
I am not talking about the old model merc. I am talking about the old model merc. decorated with flowers.
A car is decorated in this way when it is being used to carry a newly wedded couple (still fresh from the marriage ceremony ;) away to the place where (hopefully) they will spend their first night together as husband and wife.

If you carry away your new wife in a car like merc. then you will surely leave a few hanging jaws both at the venue of the wedding and on the road (like mine). One can imagine the kind of gal who would be riding in a car like this... she surely must be a complete package!
I can hear people telling me never judge a book by its cover but whatever happened to the good old license to day-dream! :D

I took this picture (on the highway) while returning from Amritsar. This car was our 'travelling companion' for a long time.

No comments: